Thursday 19 April 2012

Lucky 7 - seven lines from new works

I was tagged by Eva Hudson in this game, which looks like fun.

The Rules
  • Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
  • Go to line 7
  • Post on your blog the next 7 lines, or sentences, as they are
  • Tag 7 other authors to do the same.

Here are my seven, such as they are:

A hall floor flat. Two bedrooms, he guessed. He was curious to see inside, but not enough to make a nuisance of himself. He rested his hands on the wheel, waiting, watching the light lift from the stucco as the sun broke through London’s cloud cover.

A man jogged past, flat-footed in expensive trainers, jarring the car’s suspension. His face was screwed shut, flushed red. Jake heard his father’s lazy voice: ‘Day I see a happy jogger’s when I take it up.’ A safe bet for a sedentary man; London’s runners sported scowls that scared even taxi drivers. Jake knew, because he was one of London’s runners. Nothing cleared a path across a busy road like a nasty scowl.

I'm tagging:

@Alison_Bruce
@EWein2412
@RealMGHarris
@CalumKerr
@RinSimpson
@Beccatiendoh
@AuthorZoeSharp




4 comments:

E Wein said...

I tried to do this a couple of weeks ago when I found it on someone else's blog and the result was just about the biggest spoiler in the entire book so I couldn't post it! Assign me a different random number and I'll play...

Sarah Hilary said...

Lucky number nine?

Rin said...

Love it! Great idea, and I really enjoyed reading a teaser of your book.

I don't have a blog up and running at the mo, so can I post my segment here?

Here goes:

“Please, it's Kyle, and actually, new business is of the utmost interest to the Ashlow Gazette, which is why I'll definitely be there on the launch date.” Rosie looked triumphant as Belinda accepted the man's card. “Just drop me an email with the details. And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to catch up with the boss. It was a treat to meet two such lovely ladies.”

And with a casual salute he turned and left, seemingly oblivious to the three pairs of female eyes which followed his progress towards the editor's office. As he stepped inside and closed the door behind him, it was as if the room itself had released its breath and everything reverted to normal.

Sarah Hilary said...

Fab, Rin, thanks for playing!