Tuesday 27 March 2012

Crime comes to the Cotswolds

I used to live near Chipping Norton before I moved to Bristol, so it gives me a vicarious thrill to announce the town is running its first festival, with a crime contingent. 

The inaugural Chipping Norton Literature Festival is taking place between Friday 20th and Sunday 22nd April, and includes dedicated sessions looking at the world of crime writing.

A crime writers’ forum will bring together Mark Billingham, Sophie Hannah, S J Bolton and Dan Waddell to discuss research, plotting and getting inside the criminal mind. For a more hands-on experience, Helen Black will be hosting a crime writing workshop and there is also an interview with the creator of Inspector Morse, Colin Dexter.

As well as these crime events, writers and readers can learn about short story writing, bringing characters to life, publishing unconventional novels and working with publishers and agents, among a host of other topics.

Visit www.chiplitfest.com for tickets and information.



4 comments:

Paula RC said...

Thank you for letting us know about this. I'm off to the Harrogate crime Festival in July, but it's good to know about ones closer to home.

Sarah Hilary said...

My pleasure, Jarmara. Are you coming to Bristol's CrimeFest?

Paula RC said...

I would love too, but I don't think we could make it this year. We off the the Whitby Goth Fest at the end of April. We live in Essex so it a lot of traveling and with everything costing so much. I don't work and I'm not making any money with my writing yet. If you are going please let us know all about it.

Sarah Hilary said...

You could try and win free passes to CrimeFest by entering Flashbang - 150 word crime story, free to enter. Give it a shot?