Monday 26 March 2012

Bang bang, you're read

It's a week since I launched Flashbang, a new crime writing contest in 150 words, and it's already taking off. Entries are coming in, people are blogging, we even had our first hint of controversy as it was pointed out that the judging panel is all-female. I was chuffed to bits when Benjamin Judge blogged that Flashbang had changed his mind about crime being too long. So word is getting around, which is terrific. Soon I'll be welcoming our top judge, Zoe Sharp here to talk about her take on flash fiction. And I'll be over at Mel Sherratt's blog, Killer Heels, giving my take on the same subject. If you're still in two minds about entering (remember, it's free), check out the extremely helpful hints from the judges as to what we're after in a winning entry. Deadline is 15 April.




2 comments:

Rebecca Bradley said...

I think I'm going to give this a try!

Sarah Hilary said...

Ooh please do!