Wednesday 5 January 2011

A year in books

So which new titles are you most looking forward to in 2011? I can't wait for Jean-Baptiste Adamsberg to land in London, in the new Fred Vargas, An Uncertain Place, due out in April. After London, our hero heads out to Serbia, on the trail of vampires. Vargas knows how to keep her readers entertained, without a shadow of a doubt. Also out in April is Mo Hayder's new book, Hanging Hill, not a Jack Caffrey novel but it sounds very interesting. Jonathan Kellerman has a new novel out, Mystery, at the end of March. In the meantime, I have Joan Schenkar's biography of Patricia Highsmith to get through. At just over 700 pages, it should keep me busy. Let me know what you're hoping to read in 2011.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino.
The Quarry by Johan Theorin.
Death on a Galician Shore by Domingo Villar.
And lots of others!

Happy new year to you
best wishes
Maxine.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Maxine, those are all new to me, so I'll keep an eye out for them.

HPStrangelove said...

Crime/Thriller related: Payback by Simon Kernick, February 17 - I'll have to order from Book Depository because it's not available here in the States.

Night Season by Chelsea Cain, March 1st.

On a somewhat lighter note, the last Alex Rider book is due out in March. I'll be very sad to see the series come to an end.

The 7th Administration Series book, For Certain Family Values, is due out on February 1st. Even though I've read it on-line, there's something special about actually being able to hold a book, and if I don't sound too weird, to smell the ink on the pages - can't get that with an ebook or on-line.

I love all the authors you posted about so I'm going to be sure and keep an eye out for them too.

The book I'm most looking forward to is Falling Dark. I hope to buy a copy of it this year!

So much to read, so little time.

Sarah Hilary said...

Some great stuff on your list, HP, thanks. And for the plug, too!