Sunday 27 September 2009

Creativity and the writer

I started a new job on Thursday, and I'm loving it. It's a writing gig with a crowd of creative people who are enthusiastic, talented and appreciative of what I bring to the mix. The place has a real buzz, not just busy but switched-on. My feet haven't touched the ground since I got there but it feels good, such a great move for me. I hadn't realised how much I needed to be working with other like-minded people, how much creativity breeds creativity. I'm being stretched, flexing new muscles in my brain, all to the good. Plus, at a very basic level, I'm quicker, smarter, lighter on my feet than I've been in years. The office is filled with natural light, there's a huge kitchen/living space with sofas and cupboards full of Alphabet Mugs. The bathrooms have Cowshed products to keep everyone's hands in great condition. I feel I'll be nurtured here, and pushed in new directions. I don't yet know how writing the novel will slot into the new schedule but I do know I'll make it slot in, and that the people I work with will be cheering me on every step of the way because they live and breathe and love creativity.

6 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Sounds wonderful, really happy for you! I love those alphabet mugs!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, T. How was Small Wonder?

Gay Degani said...

Yay for Sarah! It sounds fantastic and I'm not the least bit worried about Fran. She's not going to let you ignore her. She's got things to do and problems to deal with. So happy for you.

Group 8 said...

Congrats!! Good for you, girl.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Gay. You're right about Fran, too. She's a persistent one.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, WRW!