Wednesday 19 March 2008

Coming sooner than I thought


Comma Press are publishing the new CWA Anthology, MO: Crimes of Practice, on 3rd April. They have a web-page under construction, where the teaser for my story is listed second:

A breakdown driver turns his roadside routine into an altogether different type of pick-up…

The same web-page also links to my review of the previous CWA Anthology, ID: Crimes of Identity, which I recommend to everyone who loves great short stories, regardless of genre.

My photo and bio are on the web-page, too, amongst all the published authors, some of them bestselling crime writers. This is such a buzz, you would not believe.

Right, back to the novel!

11 comments:

Rivers Fic said...

*twirls round and round*

That is so exciting!!!!! Fantastic looking book and what impressive company. I'm so proud of you *g*

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks! I misunderstood the editor's earlier message and thought it wouldn't be out until July, so 3rd April is great news. They're still working on the cover for "M.O." but if it's half as good as "I.D." I'll be happy.

Dr L said...

How exciting! I'll look out for that as short stories are my preferred reading material at the moment, and I'm a fan of crime. Well, crime fiction *g*.

Anne Brooke said...

Well done - that's wonderful news!

:))

A
xxx

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Badger! I'll post again once the new book is out.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Anne!

MG said...

Whoa, awesome...

where is this story? I wanna read it!

The teaser is great too. Ooh you MUST watch this Spanish film 'Night Of The Sunflowers'. It's a teeny bit slow and ponderous but a great crime story.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, MG! The story is on my lj, friends-locked. I'll email you a link when I've caught up with Easter away. Invisible City was 11th in Waterstones' bestsellers chart in Wilmslow!

MG said...

Woo hoo! Thanks!

We should get the girls together soon if you have time.

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Fantastic...really exciting. Well done again.

vx

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Vanessa!